Since 1979, the Northland Independent Automobile Dealers Association has represented quality independent dealers in the upper Midwest. Northland IADA, through membership, provides dealers with education, lobbying efforts, and resources to assist dealers in becoming more successful and profitable.
Members enjoy many benefits from joining Northland IADA; so many that signing up will be the easiest financial decision you will make this year! For your $199 membership fee, we give you almost $1200.00 worth of Buy/Sell Fees at your local auctions. That’s instant profit!
Becoming a Member of Northland IADA
Members enjoy many benefits including area auction coupons, lobbying efforts, and a membership in the National Independent Automobile Dealers Association along with a free subscription to its magazine “Used Car Dealer”, discount on garage liability insurance and much, much more.
Also included in your Membership:
- $1200 in coupons for area auto auctions
- Member Coupon Book valued at over $900
- $50 off Northland Lease’T’Own® Membership Fee
- $50 off IDAR Daily Rental enrollment fee
- $25 in Northland Products when you sign up a new member
- Free NIADA TV Member Channel
- Discount on NIADA Used Car Guide Subscription
- AutoZone Auto Parts Member Benefit Program with complimentary NIADA membership
- ½ Hour Free Legal Consultation
- Dealer Training and Consulting Activities
- Nationwide Skip Tracing & Membership
- Car Soup Internet Sales Incentive Available
Each year a $500 scholarship is awarded to a graduating high-school senior for their first year of college. Applicants must be an employee, child or grandchild of a member dealer and applications must be submitted by May 1 of the current calendar year. All applications received by Northland will also be submitted to the National Independent Auto Dealers Association for one of five regional $1500 annual scholarships.
Quality Dealer Award
Each year Northland recognizes one of its member dealers with The Quality Dealer Award. Nominations can be made by a fellow member, in writing. Thereafter, nominees will be contacted to complete an application. All applications must be received by December 31 of the current calendar year to receive consideration. The recipient will be selected by the Board of Directors. Winners will be awarded their plaque and recognized at the National IADA annual convention and will also be considered for National’s Quality Dealer competition.
Northland IADA’s goal has always been to make life easier for its member dealers. For years your association has worked with a number of agencies including The Minnesota Department of Public Safety Driver and Vehicle Services division to do just that. In fact, our efforts have brought about a number of changes in procedures, laws and regulations, including:
- Title turnaround time was dramatically decreased making it more convenient for dealers and consumers.
- Pro-Rating of Expired Tab save dealers money by not requiring an annual fee in-full, for expired tabs.
- Salvage Titles now protect both dealers and customers from damaged vehicles they may not have otherwise known about.
- Reassignment Forms allow dealers to re-title vehicles when transfer cards no longer remain on the vehicle’s title.
- Joined forces with the Minnesota Auto Dealers Association (MADA) to offer Title and Registration Seminars.
- Provided members with information on the recently mandated FTC Safeguards Rule and the USA Patriot Act. Non-compliance fines are severe: $500,000 – $10 Million. Join today for your free packet.
- Ongoing lobbying efforts to protect dealers.
- Red Flag Laws
NIADA TV is an online automotive industry television network brought to you by the National Independent Automobile Dealers Association. NIADA TV provides 24-hour online access to authoritative seminars, training videos, industry news, special events, and additional informative and educational programs. Our programming is produced for consumers, dealers, manufacturers, and the entire auto industry. www.niadatv.com
REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN
Check out our top 5 reasons why your dealership should join Northland IADA
Membership pays you back!
This is the easiest financial decision you will make this year! For your $199 membership fee, we give you almost $1200.00 worth of Buy/Sell Fees at your local auctions. That’s instant profit! In addition to the instant profit, there are many other valuable benefits including discounts on insurance, nationwide skip tracing, Car Soup internet sales incentives and discounted pricing at AutoZone just to name a few.
Northland IADA has a strong voice and is the only state wide organization that represents our local used car dealers.
Protect your Business
Protect your business with expert resources providing advice on financing, marketing, taxes, legal matters, and much more!
Northland IADA updates our members on important legislative changes.
Two for One
As a member of the Northland IADA, you automatically become a member of the National Independent Automobile Dealers Association (NIADA) and can take advantage of all their benefits as well.